Saturday, January 5, 2013

urban sociology

Have you ever put yourself in someone else's position to see how it would feel like to be that person for one day? I have, for my urban experience paper I put myself in a position of a hotel clerk in a high-classed hotel, as a worker in a factory, as a homeless person living in a shelter and as a "simple person" living in the suburbs.

My first urban experience that I was very curious about compared to the other three, was how it would be like to live in the shoes of a homeless person living in a shelter for a day. I was very eager to find out how one becomes homeless, because I never understood why there were so many homeless people scattered all over New York, when there are more than enough ways to avoid becoming homeless. My mentality about homeless people was always, that person chose to be homeless because he / she just basically gave up on life, stopped trying to live, and refused to seek help from social workers. Because, I know there are

No comments:

Post a Comment