Thursday, January 3, 2013

proposal for sociology

For my research I will be conducting an experiment that has to do with discrimination and how sales people treat customers of certain appearance, sex, age or race. Although you actually used that as an example, that's one thing that really interested me from before, and sometimes it would happen to me. I just want to maybe prove to myself that it's not true that people discriminate. If I prove myself wrong then I guess this world is just full of discrimination and judgmental people. I will try to go to most high-class places such as Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and stores that sell expensive clothes. And I will try to go to cheaper stores as well, like Wal Mart or K Mart. I feel that cheaper stores don't discriminate, but I think ill just have to find out through my observations. What I will be doing for about two weeks maybe more if I have time, is go to all these stores and observe every customer that comes in and then see how the sales associates treat them. I will keep track of every sex, race, and age range and most importantly the way the customers dress. After that I will write down what I see and then after I'm done I will try to compare all of my results to see what conclusions I have reached. I hope to gain good information from this research, and hopefully not too many negative results because that would be pretty sad to see that customers don't get treated equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment